20 June 2010

to my father ... and Father.

you know, i can't even be upset with you. i simply can't. because God isn't upset with me, even after everything i've done. he isn't upset with you, after everything you've done. He loves us both, unconditionally. for 18 years, i've used you as an excuse to reason with some failures that occurred in my life. but when i found out who Jesus is and what His purpose in our lives is, i had to immediately let go of the bondage i allowed you to keep on me. i mean, being upset with you wouldn't bring back all the years you were gone ... it wouldn't make me feel better, and it definitely wouldn't make you do better.

God taught me how to love - because it is only by His grace that i am still alive, that you are still alive, that we are still alive. i thank God for Mommy ... if it wasn't for her ... our family wouldn't be what it is and how it is today. but i thank God for His mannerisms, for orchestrating everything the way He has ... because i know things would have been different if His will had not been done .

i love you so much, because God first loved us ... and i love you so much, because you've allowed God to use you the way He needed to - for the betterment of us all. anyway, daddy, although you haven't responded, i know my text message has entered the sight of your eyes . happy father's day.

thank God for adopting me. i now have a Father who has faithfully promised to never leave, nor forsake me.