01 June 2010

you came so fast.

welcome to my life, june. i wasn't expecting you to be here. so soon. i don't think any of us were. but i do hope you enjoy your stay. i do hope that i exercise you rightfully - i would be saddened if you go to waste. like a lot of my ex-months in the past. let's take it slow. i think it's better.
i am currently reading through this book of poetry that was given to me as a gift by my beautiful teacher and friend from high school (who never taught me in a class) dani pontus. i've been hungry for words and in dire need of refining my reading skills. this is one of two books i am reading this month. so, june, let's kick it. and sit back. and watch words enter us. then, we will have something to regurgitate, something new. something to speak smooth. something to speak me.