08 July 2010

chances.

i wondered to myself after snapping this photo, upon many others, what made you both feel comfortable with me. it couldn't have been the creepy way i lingered back and forth in your personal space without having said a word. or the way my eyes followed your every move. it couldn't have been the awkward smile i passed along your way which inspired you to smile back and motivated me to say "be careful" as you climbed up the railing to impress the little boy. i wanted to know, why you felt it was ok for me to capture this moment of you two. what was it? oh, i know. i think i know. this particular moment was a time you both shared personally with one another. and you wanted to share the same feelings you felt with him, you wanted those feelings transmitted in me. maybe because you felt what kind of day i was having? i don't know. i felt joy after shooting this. and i laughed with you both. and you told me to take care. and i said you too. then you offered me one last shot. where you held his swing and leaned up close and above him and rested your chin on his delicate head. showing a sign of comfort. and i was pleased. shot it. smiled. and took flight on foot. now, i can forever live with the memory of you two.