13 July 2010

mixed in a trail of mix.


today was a breezy day. in a symbolic way. i, rose out of a dream with awkwardness and felt the urge to scream because i am at the brim of the breaking point, wanting to stay up to avoid the land of dreamers. i hate dreaming about you. but i find peace in it at the same time. although i am not able to see your physical in a realer sense, when i close my eyes, i can. but it irks me. and the rest of anything about this will be kept in a place safer than here.

i received the greatest voicemail from one of my friends today while i was at work that made my day. she told me about an image her eyes captured as she traveled home from school. said she saw a couch, a beautiful couch that looked worn, on the side of the road underneath shade. she said a man was laying on it so comfortably, that couch was his home. she mentioned how it was something he made so important. that he was grateful for it. while we, the ones who are priveleged to be inside of homes filled with more than one couch, take our couches for granted. this man valued this abandoned couch, as if it were his home. i felt like leaving my job and finding that man, to speak with him. just because. but i couldn't.

i got to eat my favorite trail mix (above) today! that really made my day what it was. i received a text message from another friend about how he read a book on how we should literally be lead by the Spirit, rather than just professing it. that it's a magnificent gift that Christ left the Spirit for us. in us. that also made my day! among other things.

God through that voice mail, through those trail mix, and through that text message TRULY made my day. i didn't even think this day was that good, but reflecting on it, it surely was. also, i launched my project blog entitled "photo passage". visit it! i pray that it provokes some sort of thought!