05 October 2010

one hundred-eighty one.

when the day called itself ok.

i've run out of ways to accurately
describe my day, to others.
to myself.

"it's been cool."
"it was graceful."
"it is pleasant."

my words can't roll off the
tip of my tongue, sleek enough to
give these days the credit they deserve.

or even

that they don't deserve.

my experiences throughout the day are
one with a ride on a roller coaster - so cliché.
i've raised my hands in the air out of excitement,
praising God for the climax of each day, during the day.

but as soon as i begin to coast, rolling slow to the end of it,
i am left alone, yet again, with thoughts that have picked up
kitchen knives and punctured me in the back.

but i smile. then i laugh. and i remember.
i cannot always have my way.

i realize that after the day calls itself ok,
i must take it and run - because i am ok.
i am healthy. still alive. i just wish i had
the proper words to give credit to a day that
should have never come.

and because i couldn't find the right words to
describe this day or that day, yesterday and today,
the day called itself
ok.