25 December 2010

when fall painted the scene.

the way the sun fell down and drizzled its rays upon my face at dusk, swept glitters of the residue it left in the sky across my face, lowered my eyes to quench its escape, i felt my face painted by fall. by the fall of the sun. inspired to blink, i did. and in that brief moment between closing my eyes and reopening them, i saw the magnificence of the season spilled all over the concrete streets and pavements made of cement with no colour. now coloured with the burnt oranges and auburn red-brown leaves that flew heavily and lightly upon the streets. i saw the magnificence between my feathered eyelids. and for a second, i briefed, inhaled, exhaled, shared a fraction of my smile with a barren room, empty and alone, the slight of my smile was shared. and it slowly submerged into a faint stare. eyes opened. a solemn look surfaced upon the curvature of my structured face. and i starred into the distance at a street that had been swept clean of its decoration. swept clear by the wind that had been claimed by two souls, now separated. there was a message that anticipated to reach the presence of my iris, it anticipated to be read in a cup of silence. i scooped it into my bare hands and it read, "this is what happens when fall paints the scene. don't glow green. i still remember you."
  • appreciate everything for what it is.
  • appreciate everything for what it isn't.
  • appreciate everything for what it brings.
  • appreciate everything for what it takes away.
  • appreciate everything for what it teaches.
  • appreciate everything for what it holds back.
  • appreciate everything for what it leaves.
  • appreciate everything. period.