03 March 2011

two hundred-twelve.

persevere, for you.

i'm tryna see through the fog
but it's so thick and so full
and your words are so bleak
my eyes can't hear what you speak
so i stop what i'm doing
sit down slowly, and i
create a space for you to think
out loud, with my mouth
closed, swallowing clouds of,

"i hate you, can't stand you!
leave my presence because
it's YOU i wish i never met."

then my throat begins to swell and
my eyes begin to well and you begin to
sail quicker and quicker down a lane that
wasn't paved for you,
it wasn't paved for two
i can't see through the fog
that your anger has built up,
and i want to lift you up
but i can't dethrone the King
He's higher than you and me
so i'll let Him take the job that
i'm way too weak to work

but i'm not giving up - trust.
i'm just not going to give up

on us.