02 June 2011

two hundred-thirty.

floating inside a dream.

my very first dream of you
didn't come true, and i'm not
sure if i'm waiting for it to explore
this reality placed before me but,
i gently scribed it in my notebook
to savor the very moment i saw you
so personal, so close in the privacy of
my slumber - i felt secure.

my first dream of you was pure.
i knew it was something special.
i'll remember it for as long as my
memory will allow me to.
and from what i can remember,
the sun was setting, in a beautiful pool
of yellows and oranges, creating shadows
that highlighted the tired eyes you've been hiding
behind for so long, and that sunset made me smile.
it made you smile.
we smiled, at the same time -

in a dream that was so real to me but
now is like vapor to me - captured as only
a memory on lines inside a book i've
designed and stitched as a collection of
adventures i'll never take.
visions i'll only imagine.
places i long to be.

and images of suns setting in the sea.
thank you for meeting with me.

you're right , i am a strong dreamer.