23 June 2011

water treading stone.

this path, this trail, this sidewalk was lonely. although it was accompanied by a few cars that would pass, like everything else in life, they came and they left. i trekked this path today. the weather was to be taken advantage of, the way it was so generous with its coolness and delicate sunset. i couldn't have asked for a better moment. and i didn't. but i received it, without my request. as my footsteps continued following the designs of this trail, came to a sudden halt.
i met this fountain at the end of the trail and it wooed me to sit down, invited me into a special moment it was having, a private concert, squirting a symphony from its nozzles as each drop of water slid down the stone, music danced all around the atmosphere and it was soothing. the kind you expect to hear from a saxophone or clarinet at a jazz venue. it was, dazzling. the fountain, it reflected itself which lead me to do just that, to reflect.
and of course, i seized the moment to scribe a few stories in my notebook of short stories. i expressed myself in an openly private place - how backwards is that? anything is possible. and everything i needed happened in this very moment - i followed the size of the sun as it set and it led me to a place i will not ever forget. that moment, that experience, those words and the symphony, i won't ever forget. no one is ever really alone - no one will ever be alone. we're always being watched. inspiration is my driver, i'm sitting back from now own. letting go. letting it own the wheel. you're taking me places i've been craving for years. needless to say, this day, i owned.