14 March 2012

like a dove.

when my eyes caught the days walking away from me, my mind began to spin and flooded beneath a wave of realization - time, certainly, waits for no one.  and i, i am a product of time's inconsiderate but justified movement.  my imagination hasn't aged a bit and i'm happy about that.  while everything that surrounds me is being swallowed up in a whirlwind i cannot control, my imagination stands its ground and i am able to feel ... ok.  while everything around me falls under the control of destruction, my imagination remains solid, still.  writers don't stop imagining, they only stop exploring.

the break has been a long one that has fulfilled its fitting name, break.  it has broken, it has torn apart, it has destroyed.  february into march, there has been a break between the bridge that connects the two months.  i'm looking forward to restoration and rebuilding.  my mind has entered a state of devastation but hope resonates and resides in my state of mind.  hope resonates, hope resides.

today is filled with beauty and is covered with majesty.  the atmosphere is pure perfection and there isn't a gray cloud painted on the sky's canvas - as vast and as immeasurable as it is, there is not one.  and that, i pray, will be my life, my mind, in due time.  this is the girl from next door writing to tell you that hope, it resonates and it resides.  it cannot be shifted, altered, or swallowed up into a whirlwind of hopelessness because hope gave hopelessness its existence.  without hope, there is no hopelessness and hope, strong and bold, has decided to conquer the hopelessness that seeks to destroy with ill intention.  intentions to kill.

no foot will smother this light.  no hand will crush this love.  no fight will beat this lesson.  take flight.  move.  like a dove. with peace carrying you like the wind.  and listen, nature speaks if you pay close attention.  don't dismiss it.  please, just pay attention.
  • silence now,
  • sound later,
  • don't recover, just rewrite,
  • remember, forgiveness has no breath without love.