18 March 2012

two hundred-eighty six.

field of possibilities.

today, impossible fertilized itself in my field of possibilities.
i didn't water it, i didn't give it sunlight, i didn't care for it.
but still, it found a way to give life to itself and now, now
i'm struggling to find its root to pluck it from the ground
because i want my field of possibilities to flourish with
everything that is possible and nothing that is impossible.

sweat is rolling down the back of my neck and down my forehead
i'm searching for its root - i'm digging for its origin - i won't stop
until i find it so that i can cut it and take its endeavors away,
just as it has done to me.

grief stricken, i've become because the sun won't stop whipping
my back, no.  it won't let up until i dig this root up but i can't
i can't find it!  i won't find it.  because its hidden beneath the

flesh and bones of a body i thought i got rid of in my heart,
a long time ago.  no, it's still living.  and they are giving
life to the impossible because, they've watched the same thing
happen in their field of possibilities.  it's almost as if we are sharing
that same field of possibilities and don't even know it.

giving life to what is dead.
oh God, have mercy on these
dead bags of crusty old
flesh and bones.